Industrial rock band Cybertrybe will perform as part of the Detroit Music Awards on Friday, April 19 at The Fillmore (2115 Woodward Avenue), Detroit. Cybertrybe – along with genre compatriots Haflife and Draconian Productions – will team up for a spirited tribute to Detroit’s Industrial and Goth music scenes. Tickets to the Detroit Music Awards are $20 and now available at the Fillmore Box Office or by calling 313-961-5451. Doors are at 6 pm and show time is at 7 pm. All ages are welcome to attend.
When Detroit Music Award organizers invited Cybertrybe to perform at this year’s event – an honor reserved for a select few – bandleader Sean Mooer decided to pay tribute to the city’s hallowed, and often misunderstood, Industrial and Goth music scenes.
“The Detroit Goth and Industrial scene is not just a bunch of kids dressed in all black going to The City Club (Detroit’s long running Goth nightclub),” Mooer explains. “It is a community of bands, artist and special performers that take great pride in the art they represent.” Seeking to showcase this underground community – Mooer invited Cybertrybe’s industrial contemporaries Haflife and Draconian Productions, a theatrical troop that incorporates fire, aerial performance and dance, to share the stage with them.
Cybertrybe’s Detroit Music Awards performance is especially meaningful since they are nominated for seven awards this year including “Outstanding Electronic/Dance Artist/Group,” “Outstanding Electronic/Dance Recording,” “Outstanding Electronic/Dance Writer/Producer,” “Outstanding Local Label,” “Outstanding Rock/Pop Recording,” “Outstanding Rock Song Writer” and “Outstanding Industrial Group.” No stranger to accolades – Cybertrybe has been nominated for Detroit Music Awards every year since the band’s inception in 1994, garnering seven awards in the band’s almost 20 years together.
Cybertrybe is currently finishing their latest release “Picnic in the Apocalypse” (EvilFish Records) slated for a Fall 2013 release. Having performed with rock luminaries Nine Inch Nails, Stone Temple Pilots and Powerman 5000, music fans are in for a treat with Cybertrybe’s invigorating live show at the Detroit Music Awards on Friday, April 19.
For more information on Cybertrybe, including upcoming tour dates please visitfacebook.com/cybertrybe. More information on the Detroit Music Awards is available atdetroitmusicawards.com.
- Rachel Brooke-Northern Michigan Girl Tours Often in Support of “A Killers Dream”
- Get Your “Freak” On At The Ritz On April 19th – Crud Host The “Spring Freak” With Some Very Special Guest-Read The Press Release Below
- Megyn Hermez Talks About Her Road To “Music is Music” Here Upcoming CD & The CD Release Party This Friday
- Purchase The Arthur Stone Band’s Music At The Link Below
- PRESS RELEASE -Jeremy Porter and The Tucos Celebrate Record Release on March 29 The Ryan Dilaha Band and Oak Bones Join Party at New Dodge Lounge
- Desmond Jones Has A Unique Sound That Fuses Progressive Rock, Jazz & Funk !!!! This Band Should Be On Your Play List!!!!!
- Warhorses Influenced By Many Genres This Local Stampede Delivers A Unique Powerful Sound – Catch Them March 16th
- Thank you Dick Wagner From JAR Radio-Go To www.notonlywomanbleed.com for an autograph copy of Dick’s Book
- Dare I say The Crazy World of Arthur….Stone (Yes I do) Arthur’s New Song is “Chicken on the Wall” Check it Out